Silver Bluff Elementary has a mandatory school uniform program. All students must wear the appropriate uniform daily. Shirts are to be tucked in and belt worn at all times. Skirts/shorts, where applicable, must be at knee length. Hats and other items will not be allowed.
The School Board Policy 5511 addresses the student dress code. Students are expected to come to school with proper attention having been given to personal cleanliness, grooming and neatness of dress. Students whose personal attire or grooming distracts the attention of other students or teachers from their school work shall be required to make the necessary alterations to such attire or grooming before entering the classroom.
Fridays (or the last day of the week) are School Spirit Day. Therefore, students may wear their Spirit T-shirt sold by the PTA with uniform bottom (or wear their normal uniform). Students participating in any school related field trips must wear their Spirit Day T-Shirt. In addition, closed toe shoes must be worn daily.
School uniforms may be purchased at any store of choice. It is important to note that wherever parents decide to purchase the uniform, the following standards must be observed:
UNIFORM FOR STUDENTS IN PRE-K THROUGH FIFTH GRADE
|Shorts and/or Pants
|Shorts, Pants, Culottes, and Skirts Jumpers (*see uniform store for specific color)
|Shirts (Polo style)
|Shirts (Polo style)
Spirit Day T-Shirts are mandatory for Field Trips and may be worn on Spirit Day (Fridays) – sold by PTA. Skirts/shorts must be at knee length. Bermuda style. Logos are to be worn on polos.
- Closed toe shoes must be worn at all times (sandals are not allowed).
- Shirts must be tucked in at all
- Pants will be belted at the waist and extend to the ankles. All pants must be size appropriate. Cargo pants, sweatpants, exercise pants, stretch pants, and jeans (of any color) are not
- Writing, designs, slogans or pictures of any kind are not permitted on jackets/sweaters. Wearing the hood while on campus is not
- All students will wear school, club, team, and other school sponsored t-shirts on specified days only which have been approved by the Principal or the Principal’s designee.